7 Things I Had to Give Up to Build A 7 Figure Online Writing Business
What not to do if your side hustle depends on the internet.
Hello dear friend
Welcome to a brand new edition of Be Your Best Friend with Anangsha - the weekend newsletter that’s always on the lookout for ways to better itself, while making some money on the side.
Today, I want to talk about the seven things I had to give up to build a successful 7-figure online writing business.
When you forge your own path, build a successful online business, and start making money from it, you’re doing something only a few people in the world have done. It took me 7 years to write online for free before I could make a 7-figure yearly income from my online writing business.
Here are 7 things I had to give up to build a successful 7-figure online writing business:
I don’t have time,
My hobby can’t be monetized,
I’m not a good writer, no one will read my writing,
It’s too late to start as a writer, etc.
2. The need to fit in with the people around me who indulged in weekend parties, socializing, etc.
3. Getting affected by haters and trolls — from marriage proposals to death threats, I’ve seen the worst the internet can offer. The only way to move ahead is to know that you can’t let yourself get affected by comments that aren’t constructive in nature.
4. Relying on passion vs relying on systems. Because passion runs out, discipline doesn’t.
5. Advice from people who haven’t done it themselves
6. Running away from *boring* tasks like scheduling content, pitching, replying to emails, etc.
7. Hoping that I’d someday have “passive” income, aka, understanding the difference between “scalable” income and “passive” income, and working on ways to build more sources of the first.
Which of these resonated with you? Do leave a reply and let me know your thoughts.
I’ve made a detailed video listing out these seven things you need to give up if you want to run a successful online business. Watch it here:
Love writing and want to make 4 figures USD from it every month by working 10-12 hours per week? Check out this AMAZING resource I created just for you.
Before we leave, here are my best articles of the past week (friend links):
Note that I create this newsletter for you every week with lots of love. If you’d like to support me, here’s a link to buy me a book.
If you found this letter useful, don’t forget to forward this to a friend or ask them to sign up for my newsletter. It’s free, and you know me, I only send valuable content.
That’s all from my end today. I’ll see you again soon. Till then, stay strong. Keep smiling and be awesome.